At the moment 2021
Garden of Love
Six monumental bronzes by Swedish sculptor Gudmar Olovson are installed in the castle’s park. The Garden of Love is a tribute to life, love of course and family.
Gudmar Olovson (1936-2017) lived and worked in Paris from 1959 until his death and was one of the great independent sculptors of his generation. The central themes of his work are love, the couple, the poetry of modeling and beauty.
One of the most renowned monumental works of the artist, “The Two Trees”, can also be admired in the Bois de Boulogne in Paris, in the gardens of Château Petrus or at the Falsterbo Open Air Museum in Sweden.
Gudmar Olovson was also a celebrated portrait sculptor and was commissioned to sculpt the busts of French presidents Charles de Gaulle, Georges Pompidou and Jacques Chirac, HRH King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, the actress Ingrid Bergman, wine baron Philippe de Rothschild and many others.
Gudmar Olovson was a close friend of Charles-Antoine and Constance de Vibraye, whose portrait can be admired in the castle.
To learn more about Gudmar Olovson's work and life: www.gudmar.net
• From 01/01 to 31/03 : 10am to 5pm
• From 31/03 to 30/09 : 9:15am to 6:30pm
• From 01/10 to 31/12: 10am to 5pm; except from 17/10 to 31/10: 9:30am to 5:30pm
Entry to the Chäteau and gardens (LEGO exhibition included):
• Adult: €13,50
• Concessions (adult with a family of at least 3 children, children aged 7 to 14, student under 25 ): €9,50
• Child (under 7): free
• Person with disability: free + standard rate for accompanying person.